Did you ever get stumped because your ancestors had tombstones with inscriptions you can’t read? Well you came to the right place, because…
I translate Jewish tombstones
- Inscriptions in Hebrew lettering might have Aramaic, Hebrew, Yiddish, or Ladino vocabulary
- They might contain the puzzling “Rashe Tevot” (Hebrew acronyms) that need to be decoded.
Sometimes you will discover some interesting things on the tombstones that require further research, such as
- Finding genealogical relationships
- A connection to rabbinical dynasties
- or, to writers of scholarly texts
Click on the menu items above to learn more about me and why I do what I do.